Monday, December 04, 2006

Terrifying Television

It only seems like a few posts ago I was stewing about my latest stats exam. Well, actually it was, and unfortunately, I have another one in a week's time. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I actually think this one is going to make my bum hurt (although I suppose the others have as well). So, in my usual fashion, I spent the weekend 'studying' for it, which is code for reading a little while watching television. While doing this, I came across the most frightening, saddening, terrifying piece of media crap that I've seen since 'The Bachelor' and 'Bachelorette' series': LAGUNA BEACH.

Has anyone seen this?!!! Is it just me, or this the most AWFUL show ever produced? If it were fake, I'd think it was terrible, but the fact that this is REALITY television just depresses me. Honestly, who lives like this? Although I was a bit of a tool back in my high school days, I never acted like this! Nor did any of the bona fide tools that I attended high school with. It's funny, 'cause I always thought people like this were hollywood creations, but they're not! They exist! And watching them in all their glory made my eyes hurt and IQ drop about 79387293847 points.

So, I typed 'Laguna Beach sucks' into google, and I came across an online petition against it. Here's what one respondent wrote:

"Laguna Beach is the biggest pile of steaming elephant shit I have ever laid eyes upon. It is purely thirty minutes of ridiculously far fetched high school drama bull shit. Anyone entertained by this show deserves to be executed, and painfully. I support the mass murder of all those caughtwatching this filth. I hate you if you enjoy it."

Wow--and I thought I was cynical! So, in order to cleanse my media palette after partaking in this filth, I watched 'National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.' Damn, I love this movie. My personal favourite part is when the SWAT team busts into Clark's house while 'Here Comes Santa Claus' plays in the background. Pure comedy genius!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Where are you going to put a tree that big?" "Bend over and I'll show you."

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's a show that I saw the other day, called 'Keys to the VIP" where two complete tools get pitted against each other at some tool nightclub to get skank ass' numbers, and the guy that gets them, is the winner. It's completely retarded. If they retooled (no pun intended) it, and took a couple of guys who need some help meeting women, I could see the merit in the show, it would be a lot more fun, and more proverbial car wrecks might happen, but all they do is take moron Jocks(Which I hate more than anything) and they go and try to get #'s.


Retarded


It's my example that I use for TV that I totally hate.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home